Accellera’s Portable Stimulus standard aims to improve verification efficiency and the reuse of test IP across the entire design life cycle.
FinFETs present a number of problems with respect to dynamic power consumption. Design techniques are being re-evaluated to deal with the issue.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
Ashish Darbari concludes his series on the need for new verification strategies by considering Debug and Signoff & Review.
Richard Pugh shows how the fast-growing market for drone silicon highlights emulation's power where high data volumes are critical.
In part two of this series, Ashish Darbari introduces a checklist to address verification challenges and build the meta model.
Article Achieving ISO 26262 certification with ASIL ready IP
Achieving ISO 26262 certification for advanced driver assistance systems takes a combination of ASIL ready IP and rigorous development strategies.
- Expert Insight Assessing the true cost of node transitions
- Expert Insight Doc Formal: The crisis of confidence facing verification
Article How Channel Operating Margin helps Gigabit Ethernet PCB analysis
The COM methodology is being extended and more widely adopted across high-speed designs thanks to deeper tool integration.
- Expert Insight The Wally Rhines interview – Part Two: AI, automotive and security
- Article The basic PCB rules for a successful IoT design
Article Choosing between DDR4 and HBM in memory-intensive applications
Exploring the tradeoffs between implementing DDR4 and HBM for high-bandwidth memory subsystems.
- Expert Insight Fighting the war of escalation in embedded systems security
- Expert Insight Making security a profit center for silicon
Article Case study: Verifying and optimizing software for power on SoCs
How emulation was used to debug out-of-spec power on a multicore ARM design using the AXI bus.
- Expert Insight Supporting higher-resolution displays without major system redesign
- Expert Insight Using CCIX to implement cache coherent heterogeneous multiprocessor systems
View All Sponsors