System-level power is the next frontier for a power-intent standard – or rather a collection of them – being developed by a partnership between Accellera, Si2 and the IEEE.
Software for energy-harvesting designs needs to cope with sudden power failures. FRAM storage can reduce the power and performance penalties of full resets.
Combining assertion-based verification techniques with emulation makes for easier debug, better coverage and greater functional efficiency.
This article looks at some of the key architectural and implementation decisions Synopsys has made in developing a version of its HS series of licensable processor cores to serve the embedded Linux market
- Expert Insight What hardware verification can learn from software development
- Article Assertion-based emulation
- Expert Insight The budget case for emulation
- Expert Insight Neural networks bring advanced object detection to embedded vision
- Expert Insight Design reaches out from the edge
- Expert Insight The rush to open source tools
View All Sponsors