Accellera’s Portable Stimulus standard aims to improve verification efficiency and the reuse of test IP across the entire design life cycle.
FinFETs present a number of problems with respect to dynamic power consumption. Design techniques are being re-evaluated to deal with the issue.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
Doc Formal concludes his introduction to formal verification with a practitioner's view of the technology.
Using VESA's Display Stream Compression (DSC) standard to enable visually lossless performance and low latency for ultra-high-definition displays.
Doc Formal begins a two-part series by describing the solid and well-established foundations of formal verification.
Article Automating test from IP to SoC levels with portable stimulus
This introduction to the new Accellera standard includes a demo of portable stimulus in use to fully verify a DMA engine.
- Article Hardware emulation gets smarter with save-and-restore for debug
- Article Staging virtual prototype bring-up for faster software development
Expert Insight The Wally Rhines interview – Part Two: AI, automotive and security
This second part looks at Mentor’s views on flow neutrality, how DRS360 was born, machine learning and the threat from embedded Trojans.
- Article The basic PCB rules for a successful IoT design
- Expert Insight A reliability checklist for the Connected World
Expert Insight Using CCIX to implement cache coherent heterogeneous multiprocessor systems
CCIX is a cache coherency protocol, based on PCI Express, for interconnecting high-performance heterogenous multiprocessing systems.
- Expert Insight High-resolution visual recognition needs high-performance CNNs
- Expert Insight Protecting content transmitted over USB Type-C connections
Article Applying sub-threshold circuit techniques to IoT device design
Operating at near-threshold or sub-threshold voltages reduces static and dynamic power consumption, at the cost of design complexity.
- Expert Insight Building faster data centers with 25G Ethernet
- Expert Insight The Wally Rhines interview – Part One: Mentor as a Siemens business
View All Sponsors