The 20nm node can offer power, performance and area advantages, but making these gains takes a deep understanding of the interactions between process and design.
Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
Altera uses standardized design flows to help integrate Intel foundry rules, cut time to tape-out - and speed the evolution of its design flows.
The argument for an integrated approach to SoC verification
How Wall Street's vastly resourced IT teams already point the way to cheaper, faster and more efficient verification by putting goals not tools first.
Article The future of thermal simulation for electronics products
Complexity and the increasing use of thermal analysis software by non-expert designers demands new approaches for chip and PCB implementations.
- Article How to use PCI Express in low-power mobile SoCs by exploiting M-PCIe
- Guide Monolithic 3DIC for SoC
Article Zeroing in on the problems of fast board-level interconnect
A panel session at DAC 2014 focused on the problems of high-speed, board-level interconnect and the roles of codesign and power integrity in solving them.
- Expert Insight Straighten up and fly right
- Expert Insight Make best-practice lean NPI for PCB a reality
Article Using Ethernet in automotive networks
Will Ethernet become the dominant interconnect for automotive applications? A look at the market trends and standards, and how to use Ethernet IP and virtual-prototyping solutions in automotive applications.
- Guide Hardware trojan attacks and countermeasures
- Guide On-chip clock strategies and GALS
Expert Insight Prototypers get faster route to first clock tick
ProtoCompiler understands HAPS FPGA prototyping hardware, so it can optimize logic placement and partitioning, even on designs with up to 250m ASIC gates.
- Expert Insight Bringing true power analysis to hardware/software co-design
- Article Debugging with virtual prototypes – Part Four
View All Sponsors