Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
A static-analysis tool that checks for errors in HDL code, lint is becoming an increasingly important addition to simulation for RTL and SoC signoff.
The challenges of creating a more secure IoT, and the role that hardware roots of trust can play in doing so.
Sequential equivalence checking can help trap errors introduced by clock gate insertion, uninitialised registers, and X propagation issues.
These days, when it comes to innovation: The car's the star - not the stooge.
Article Implementing USB Type-C
A look at three design challenges for USB Type-C: implementing two SuperSpeed datapaths on a reversible connector; partitioning the design to support multiple USB Type-C variants; and partitioning the management software.
- Article Accelerating Android bring-up using VDKs in the LAVA framework
- Expert Insight Scaling automated software testing with Virtualizer Development Kits
Expert Insight Where tools end and best practices begin
Learn how you can benchmark your design practices against the most successful players in the PCB market – and why you should.
- Article PCB tool innovation from the middle out
- Article Simulation predicts performance of automotive Ethernet
Article True random number generators for a more secure IoT
An analysis of what it takes to build true random number generators that can provide a strong cryptographic basis for systems security, especially for IoT devices.
- Expert Insight Enabling energy-efficient wireless IoT designs with Bluetooth Smart IP
- Article What’s cooking at the Flash Diner?
Article Using end-to-end prototyping to reduce the impact of rising software content in SoCs
A look at using end-to-end prototyping to ease architecture development, hardware/software integration, and system validation in SoC designs
- Article FPGA design for functional safety
- Expert Insight 2016 – A continuation of change
View All Sponsors