Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
A static-analysis tool that checks for errors in HDL code, lint is becoming an increasingly important addition to simulation for RTL and SoC signoff.
Richard Pugh looks at how innovations highlighted during the recent International Memory Workshop are driving the solid state drive (SSD) market.
To check the connectivity of an SoC, first you have to define what a connection is...
A look at the steps necessary to validate implementations of the cryptographic algorithms that are used to protect today’s devices and communications infrastructure.
Article An ISO 26262 approach to meeting the cost, quality, reliability, and integration needs of automotive ICs
Meeting ISO 26262 standards for automative safety means applying a consistent approach throughout the design process. Here’s how to start.
- Article Nine effective features of NVMe VIP for SSD storage
- Expert Insight Software validation strategies for connected cars
Expert Insight A reliability checklist for the Connected World
Reliability is growing to match security as a key challenge for PCB design. These tools and techniques will help you rise to it.
- Article Noise and manufacturing concerns control design for power-module makers
- Expert Insight Where tools end and best practices begin
Article Using the MIPI RFFE specification to simplify the control architecture of multi-radio SoCs
The MIPI RFFE standard provides a common approach to controlling power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, filters, switches, power management modules, antenna tuners and sensors in SoCs and systems.
- Expert Insight USB 2.0 as an integration standard for IoT products
- Article Hierarchical signoff of SoC designs at advanced process nodes
Article Guidelines attempt to build trust in IoT
When developing its security guidelines and checklists for consumer IoT and similar devices, the IoT Security Foundation’s working groups tested their recommendations against what is known about real-world hacks and attacks.
- Article The advantages of MIPI specifications in mobile, automotive and multimedia applications
- Expert Insight Exploring the advantages of monolithic Bluetooth low energy radio integration
View All Sponsors