Clock-tree generation is coming under increased scrutiny because of its role in dynamic power consumption and problems caused by on-chip PVT variation.
FinFETs present a number of problems with respect to dynamic power consumption. Design techniques are being re-evaluated to deal with the issue.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
A look at what it takes to verify low-power SoC designs, including setting objectives and measuring outcomes in a UPF-driven verification strategy
In-circuit emulation is attractive but brings with it debug-visibility issues. There are ways to restructure the environment to make bug hunting much more deterministic.
Implementing the reversible connector of USB Type-C demands a rethink of the PHY architecture to achieve the most cost-effective IP solution
Article Maximizing the benefits of continuous integration with simulation
Embedded systems developers are turning to agile techniques and continuous integration. To make these processes possible, you need an environment that supports easy access to virtual prototypes throughout the life cycle.
- Article FPGA-based prototyping 1: What’s all this buzz about?
- Expert Insight A scalable RTOS and other essentials for embedded wearables development
Article PCB tool innovation from the middle out
Mid-market users are driving richer features and cost competition into PCB design software like never before, largely thanks to the Internet of Things.
- Article Simulation predicts performance of automotive Ethernet
- Article Eight steps for efficient PCB manufacturing and assembly – Part Two
Article ‘Even the software guys are starting to talk in milliwatts’
System-level power is the next frontier for a power-intent standard – or rather a collection of them – being developed by a partnership between Accellera, Si2 and the IEEE.
- Expert Insight USB Type-C: what it is and why it matters
- Expert Insight What hardware verification can learn from software development
View All Sponsors