Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
A static-analysis tool that checks for errors in HDL code, lint is becoming an increasingly important addition to simulation for RTL and SoC signoff.
To check the connectivity of an SoC, first you have to define what a connection is...
A look at the steps necessary to validate implementations of the cryptographic algorithms that are used to protect today’s devices and communications infrastructure.
Reliability is growing to match security as a key challenge for PCB design. These tools and techniques will help you rise to it.
Article An ISO 26262 approach to meeting the cost, quality, reliability, and integration needs of automotive ICs
Meeting ISO 26262 standards for automative safety means applying a consistent approach throughout the design process. Here’s how to start.
- Expert Insight Software validation strategies for connected cars
- Article A new path for analog design constraints verification
Article Noise and manufacturing concerns control design for power-module makers
Keeping noise levels down was one of the priorities for two companies working independently on configurable power supplies – but without compromising DFM and thermal performance.
- Expert Insight Where tools end and best practices begin
- Article PCB tool innovation from the middle out
Expert Insight USB 2.0 as an integration standard for IoT products
USB 2.0 could become an integration standard for IoT SoCs, due to its ubiquity, available drivers, support for rapid prototyping, and area efficiency.
- Article Hierarchical signoff of SoC designs at advanced process nodes
- Expert Insight Six ways to exploit the advantages of finFETs
Article The advantages of MIPI specifications in mobile, automotive and multimedia applications
A look at the ways in which the evolving MIPI standard is being used to provide connectivity in automotive, mobile, multimedia, virtual reality, augmented reality and related applications.
- Expert Insight Exploring the advantages of monolithic Bluetooth low energy radio integration
- Expert Insight Wally Rhines separates the signal from the noise
View All Sponsors