The 20nm node can offer power, performance and area advantages, but making these gains takes a deep understanding of the interactions between process and design.
Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
Compliance with aviation’s hardware design standard is seen as a ‘tough ask’, but EDA’s own evolution has made that process easier than you may think.
Designers working on automotive ICs, to be built on established processes, can benefit from the power of design tools developed for advanced processes.
Understanding design trade-offs can help achieve the correct balance of functionality, cost, and time to market, says design consultancy chief
Article Assertion-based emulation
Combining assertion-based verification techniques with emulation makes for easier debug, better coverage and greater functional efficiency.
- Article Overcoming complex CDC violations with a concurrent block and SoC-level verification flow
- Article Using formal techniques to help tackle SoC verification challenges
Article Multi-fabric planning for more efficient PCB design
A coordinated design methodology fine-tunes chip-to-package PCB layout and routing that involves high-integration devices.
- Article The future of thermal simulation for electronics products
- Article Zeroing in on the problems of fast board-level interconnect
Expert Insight A holistic approach to IoT chip design
A look at the challenges of designing chips for the Internet of Things, or IoT, and some of the responses to those challenges
- Article How to use pattern matching to improve automatic waiver management
- Article Enabling symmetric multiprocessing for embedded Linux on ARC processor cores
Expert Insight The budget case for emulation
Need to convince your FD of emulation’s growing ROI and the need to invest? Click here and ‘Forward’
- Article Accelerating ‘time to prototype’ with ProtoCompiler
- Article Hybrid emulation for development, validation and verification
View All Sponsors