The 20nm node can offer power, performance and area advantages, but making these gains takes a deep understanding of the interactions between process and design.
Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
Need to convince your FD of emulation’s growing ROI and the need to invest? Click here and ‘Forward’
FInFET memories have different defects than those based on planar transistors. Here's how to test and repair them.
Lint is no longer just about checking RTL code. It already incorporates functional verification within a three-stage analysis. Time to look again at a 'familiar' technology.
Article Using formal techniques to help tackle SoC verification challenges
Formal techniques can be applied to various parts of the verification challenge, including low-power and clock domain-crossing issues
- Article How to use pattern matching to improve automatic waiver management
- Article Placement optimizations push power and clock on Cortex-M7 project
Article Multi-fabric planning for more efficient PCB design
A coordinated design methodology fine-tunes chip-to-package PCB layout and routing that involves high-integration devices.
- Article The future of thermal simulation for electronics products
- Article Zeroing in on the problems of fast board-level interconnect
Article Enabling symmetric multiprocessing for embedded Linux on ARC processor cores
This article looks at some of the key architectural and implementation decisions Synopsys has made in developing a version of its HS series of licensable processor cores to serve the embedded Linux market
- Article Accelerating ‘time to prototype’ with ProtoCompiler
- Expert Insight Six key criteria for deciding to migrate to a finFET process
Article Hybrid emulation for development, validation and verification
This article introduces hybrid emulation, a combination of emulation and virtual prototypes, and its application to tasks such as architecture validation, early software development and software-driven verification.
- Article The evolution of software debug using hardware emulators
- Article Using Ethernet in automotive networks
View All Sponsors