The 20nm node can offer power, performance and area advantages, but making these gains takes a deep understanding of the interactions between process and design.
Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
Dedicated processors using convolutional neural networking techniques bring advanced vision techniques such as object recognition to embedded systems.
We are moving towards a "continuum of compute", ARM CEO Simon Segars said at CDNLive Silicon Valley, a trend that will reshape design.
Compliance with aviation’s hardware design standard is seen as a ‘tough ask’, but EDA’s own evolution has made that process easier than you may think.
Expert Insight Automotive ICs drive advanced design at established nodes
Designers working on automotive ICs, to be built on established processes, can benefit from the power of design tools developed for advanced processes.
- Article Mixed-signal verification of advanced SoCs using VCS AMS
- Article How lithography simulations enable silicon photonics
Article Multi-fabric planning for more efficient PCB design
A coordinated design methodology fine-tunes chip-to-package PCB layout and routing that involves high-integration devices.
- Article The future of thermal simulation for electronics products
- Article Zeroing in on the problems of fast board-level interconnect
Article Getting the most out of IP based FPGA design with Synplify
How Synplify makes it easier to use IP in FPGA-based designs, and package your own IP for secure reuse, on Altera and Xilinx devices
- Article Object-based audio demands higher-performance audio processors
- Article Assertion-based emulation
Expert Insight Assessing technical design trade-offs during product development
Understanding design trade-offs can help achieve the correct balance of functionality, cost, and time to market, says design consultancy chief
- Expert Insight A holistic approach to IoT chip design
- Expert Insight The budget case for emulation
View All Sponsors