Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
A static-analysis tool that checks for errors in HDL code, lint is becoming an increasingly important addition to simulation for RTL and SoC signoff.
FinFET processes and libraries are maturing, enabling designers to explore the best ways to take advantage of the capabilities of the new transistor design
Considering the issue of functional safety verification in automotive systems design, within the context of ISO26262
A look at implementing Bluetooth low energy interfaces into a design and the trade-offs involved in making different levels of integration
Expert Insight Wally Rhines separates the signal from the noise
Mentor’s chairman and CEO has dug into why chip sales forecasts often miss the target and suggests some tools for assessing the Internet of Things.
- Article The challenges of automotive functional safety verification
- Expert Insight The inside track on emulation growth
Article Noise and manufacturing concerns control design for power-module makers
Keeping noise levels down was one of the priorities for two companies working independently on configurable power supplies – but without compromising DFM and thermal performance.
- Expert Insight Where tools end and best practices begin
- Article PCB tool innovation from the middle out
Article Implementing DDR DRAM in automotive applications
A look at how DDR DRAM is being adapted for use in automotive systems, and the demands its use puts upon interface IP for SoCs.
- Article The advantages of MIPI specifications in mobile, automotive and multimedia applications
- Article Challenges of tool, process and design collaboration at advanced nodes
Expert Insight How to analyze embedded GUI performance effectively
Users now demand a smooth GUI experience. Making sure they get one requires harvesting and understanding key metrics.
- Article Hardware roots of trust for IoT security
- Expert Insight The emulator thrives as verification models mushroom
View All Sponsors