Accellera’s Portable Stimulus standard aims to improve verification efficiency and the reuse of test IP across the entire design life cycle.
FinFETs present a number of problems with respect to dynamic power consumption. Design techniques are being re-evaluated to deal with the issue.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
Using VESA's Display Stream Compression (DSC) standard to enable visually lossless performance and low latency for ultra-high-definition displays.
Doc Formal begins a two-part series by describing the solid and well-established foundations of formal verification.
CCIX is a cache coherency protocol, based on PCI Express, for interconnecting high-performance heterogenous multiprocessing systems.
Expert Insight Introducing Doc Formal: the journey so far
Our new columnist introduces himself and traces the progress of formal verification over the last two decades. Join the discussion.
- Expert Insight The Wally Rhines interview – Part Two: AI, automotive and security
- Expert Insight The Wally Rhines interview – Part One: Mentor as a Siemens business
Expert Insight A reliability checklist for the Connected World
Reliability is growing to match security as a key challenge for PCB design. These tools and techniques will help you rise to it.
- Article Noise and manufacturing concerns control design for power-module makers
- Expert Insight Where tools end and best practices begin
Expert Insight High-resolution visual recognition needs high-performance CNNs
Quadrupling the performance of a dedicated CNN engine within an embedded vision processing core brings more complex graph processing within reach.
- Expert Insight Protecting content transmitted over USB Type-C connections
- Expert Insight Building processors to enable intuitive human-machine interaction
Article Applying sub-threshold circuit techniques to IoT device design
Operating at near-threshold or sub-threshold voltages reduces static and dynamic power consumption, at the cost of design complexity.
- Expert Insight Building faster data centers with 25G Ethernet
- Article Accelerating the development of powertrain ECUs with virtual hardware
View All Sponsors