The 20nm node can offer power, performance and area advantages, but making these gains takes a deep understanding of the interactions between process and design.
Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
Understanding design trade-offs can help achieve the correct balance of functionality, cost, and time to market, says design consultancy chief
Constraints are a vital part of IC design, yet the management and verification of constraints’ quality, completeness, consistency and fidelity to the designer’s intent is an evolving art.
A look at the challenges of designing chips for the Internet of Things, or IoT, and some of the responses to those challenges
Article How lithography simulations enable silicon photonics
Precise curved geometries are vital to making this emerging and cost-effective CMOS-based technology work. This primer explains its advantages and how litho tools are evolving to meet the challenges it presents.
- Article Overcoming complex CDC violations with a concurrent block and SoC-level verification flow
- Article Using formal techniques to help tackle SoC verification challenges
Article Multi-fabric planning for more efficient PCB design
A coordinated design methodology fine-tunes chip-to-package PCB layout and routing that involves high-integration devices.
- Article The future of thermal simulation for electronics products
- Article Zeroing in on the problems of fast board-level interconnect
Article How to use pattern matching to improve automatic waiver management
Fab and IP vendor collaboration is making pattern matching-based libraries a vital component of DRC accuracy and efficiency. Learn how to take advantage.
- Article Enabling symmetric multiprocessing for embedded Linux on ARC processor cores
- Article Accelerating ‘time to prototype’ with ProtoCompiler
Expert Insight The budget case for emulation
Need to convince your FD of emulation’s growing ROI and the need to invest? Click here and ‘Forward’
- Article Hybrid emulation for development, validation and verification
- Article The evolution of software debug using hardware emulators
View All Sponsors