Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
The argument for an integrated approach to SoC verification
How Wall Street's vastly resourced IT teams already point the way to cheaper, faster and more efficient verification by putting goals not tools first.
ProtoCompiler understands HAPS FPGA prototyping hardware, so it can optimize logic placement and partitioning, even on designs with up to 250m ASIC gates.
Article The future of thermal simulation for electronics products
Complexity and the increasing use of thermal analysis software by non-expert designers demands new approaches for chip and PCB implementations.
- Article How to use PCI Express in low-power mobile SoCs by exploiting M-PCIe
- Article Full 3D-IC parasitic extraction
Article Zeroing in on the problems of fast board-level interconnect
A panel session at DAC 2014 focused on the problems of high-speed, board-level interconnect and the roles of codesign and power integrity in solving them.
- Expert Insight Straighten up and fly right
- Expert Insight Make best-practice lean NPI for PCB a reality
Guide Hardware trojan attacks and countermeasures
IC designers are becoming increasingly worried about the possibility of third parties inserting malicious ‘trojan’ circuitry into their ICs.
- Guide On-chip clock strategies and GALS
- Expert Insight Protecting IP in a collaborative signoff environment
Expert Insight Bringing true power analysis to hardware/software co-design
While some HW/SW co-design and verification techniques are in place, a power analysis methodology is only just emerging
- Article Debugging with virtual prototypes – Part Four
- Expert Insight Power management in embedded systems – new thinking required
View All Sponsors