Clock-tree generation is coming under increased scrutiny because of its role in dynamic power consumption and problems caused by on-chip PVT variation.
FinFETs present a number of problems with respect to dynamic power consumption. Design techniques are being re-evaluated to deal with the issue.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
Implementing the reversible connector of USB Type-C demands a rethink of the PHY architecture to achieve the most cost-effective IP solution
The wearables market is booming. Successful development depends on assembling the right software and hardware tools. Here's a primer on what to look for.
A look at some of the quality and safety requirements that must be met when developing and applying semiconductor IP to the automotive sector.
Expert Insight Building better debug facilities for bigger FPGA-based prototypes
The introduction of bigger FPGAs enables more complex prototypes – but makes debugging more of a challenge. Here’s one way to address the issue.
- Expert Insight What hardware verification can learn from software development
- Expert Insight Back to basics – doing formal the right way
Article PCB tool innovation from the middle out
Mid-market users are driving richer features and cost competition into PCB design software like never before, largely thanks to the Internet of Things.
- Article Simulation predicts performance of automotive Ethernet
- Article Eight steps for efficient PCB manufacturing and assembly – Part Two
Expert Insight Applying agile techniques to IC design
How agile methodologies can be applied to personal and team practice in IC design, including for developing cloud accelerators at Microsoft
- Article Verifying MIPI interfaces in SoCs
- Article Fixing late ECOs in ARM core subsystems at STMicroelectronics
Expert Insight USB Type-C: what it is and why it matters
A look at the USB Type-C connector and the enhanced data rates and charging facilities it will enable
- Article Handling power dropouts in MSP430 energy-harvesting designs
- Article Cortex-A72: microarchitecture tweaks focus on efficiency
View All Sponsors