The 20nm node can offer power, performance and area advantages, but making these gains takes a deep understanding of the interactions between process and design.
Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling is effective for low-power VLSI design. Body or back bias can provide additional control over leakage and performance.
FInFET memories have different defects than those based on planar transistors. Here's how to test and repair them.
Lint is no longer just about checking RTL code. It already incorporates functional verification within a three-stage analysis. Time to look again at a 'familiar' technology.
Innovation in physical verification is driven by incoming nodes but new tools and features can and should be fed back up the technology chain.
Article Accelerating ‘time to prototype’ with ProtoCompiler
A look at a tool and a flow that makes it easier to put designs on to a HAPS physical prototyping system for verification, debug and software development purposes
- Article ARM, TSMC design explores 16nm finFET issues
- Article Using optimized design flows to meet PPA goals for SoC processor cores
Article Multi-fabric planning for more efficient PCB design
A coordinated design methodology fine-tunes chip-to-package PCB layout and routing that involves high-integration devices.
- Article The future of thermal simulation for electronics products
- Article Zeroing in on the problems of fast board-level interconnect
Expert Insight Six key criteria for deciding to migrate to a finFET process
Moving to a finFET process means considering process readiness, cost and yield, as well as the traditional power, performance and area advantages
- Expert Insight Using standardized design flows to cut time to tape-out – and speed design-flow evolution
- Article Using Ethernet in automotive networks
Article Hybrid emulation for development, validation and verification
This article introduces hybrid emulation, a combination of emulation and virtual prototypes, and its application to tasks such as architecture validation, early software development and software-driven verification.
- Article The evolution of software debug using hardware emulators
- Expert Insight Prototypers get faster route to first clock tick
View All Sponsors