Parasitic extraction reveals the impact of implementation on the theoretical performance of IC designs.
Monolithic 3DIC integration may provide a viable alternative to conventional 2D scaling for SoCs if manufacturing problems can be overcome.
A static-analysis tool that checks for errors in HDL code, lint is becoming an increasingly important addition to simulation for RTL and SoC signoff.
Analysts say there is a $1B market on the horizon. We talk with Mentor's Jean-Marie Brunet about where such a number could come from.
Users now demand a smooth GUI experience. Making sure they get one requires harvesting and understanding key metrics.
Enabling autonomous driving will demand embedded processors that can process multiple HD video streams and analyse them using convolutional neural networks.
Article Addressing the verification challenges of complex SoCs
Three senior verification specialists talk about how they are navigating the challenge of verifying multibillion-transistor SoCs with limited compute resource, increasing coverage demands and shrinking timescales.
- Article Challenges of tool, process and design collaboration at advanced nodes
- Expert Insight The emulator thrives as verification models mushroom
Expert Insight Where tools end and best practices begin
Learn how you can benchmark your design practices against the most successful players in the PCB market – and why you should.
- Article PCB tool innovation from the middle out
- Article Simulation predicts performance of automotive Ethernet
Expert Insight I3C specification updates I2C for sensor subsystems
A look at the ways in which the I2C serial interface specification is being updated to form I3C, and its use in sensor subsystems
- Article Implementing USB Type-C
- Article Understanding the USB 3.1 protocol
Expert Insight Laying the foundations of a more secure IoT
The challenges of creating a more secure IoT, and the role that hardware roots of trust can play in doing so.
- Article Bit width tweaks point way to practical deep learning
- Expert Insight Still using Moore’s Law to beat up on the automotive industry?
View All Sponsors