If you’re in town for Monday (June 8) evening at this year’s Design Automation Conference, you could do a lot worse than pass the time at the Love IP Party , organized by Heart of Technology, the philanthropic organization set up by veteran investor Jim Hogan.
The event will be held at Jillian’s SF in the Metreon complex located next door to the Moscone Center.
This year’s party is raising money to support the San Jose State University Guardian Scholars (SJSU Guardian Scholars), which helps 35 to 50 youngsters emancipated from foster care, being wards of the court, and homelessness.
It is already supported by 20 companies in the IP space that are participating at DAC.
Embodying the spirit of San Francisco’s Summer of Love, the party is described as a ‘social be-in’ to celebrate creative thinkers, the IP revolution at DAC, and brotherly love. Highlights include:
- Food and an open bar with 17 microbrews on tap and specialty cocktails.
- Performances by Grant Pierce’s The Sonics and Jim Hogan’s Groovy Love Band.
- A first-ever SpyGlass Open Pool Tournament, sponsored by Atrenta.
- A Heads or Tails Game with Sean O’Kane – guests could win a guitar signed by rock legend Y & T.
- A Summer of Love Costume Contest with a $100 prize.
- A silent auction featuring sports and rock and roll memorabilia.
Tickets are being given out by Love IP Party sponsors and also to all registrants to DAC’s IP Track. However, general admission is also available for a donation of $50 or more to the Guardian Program. As well as entrance to the party, that also gets you a special event t-shirt, and entry into a $100 gift card drawing. All donations are tax deductible.